Myopia is also an immediate local priority – you see at-risk children in your chair every day and you’ve never been more empowered to make a difference!
The path to health for your youngest, most vulnerable patients starts with VTI and MyPath Myopia.
Myopia is a chronic, progressive disease that demands our attention
Myopia starts in childhood yet must be managed for a lifetime. Visit MyPathMyopia.com for access to a wealth of myopia resources for your practice and patients.
- Genetics6 (myopic parents)
- Near work7-9
- Fewer sleeping hours7-9
- Peripheral hyperopia10
There are NO safe levels of myopia3
There are risks no matter the extent
of myopia (Mild, Moderate, High)11
- We do not know which child will progress to what degree
- Each diopter increase can have a significant impact
- The impact can occur anywhere—in low to high myopia ranges
- Earlier intervention may be ideal, but any intervention is a potential benefit
Short-term impact to performance in:
Long-term health consequences:3
- Early-onset cataracts
- Retinal detachment