Visioneering Technologies Unveils New NaturalVue® Enhanced Multifocal™ at the American Academy of Optometry Annual Meeting in Boston
Atlanta, Georgia: US-based medical device company and producer of the NaturalVue® Multifocal 1 Day Contact Lenses (‘NaturalVue MF’) Visioneering Technologies, Inc (ASX: VTI) (‘Visioneering’, ‘VTI’ or ‘the Company’) announces the introduction of the new NaturalVue® (etafilcon A) Enhanced Multifocal 1 Day™ Contact Lenses that feature the TripleTear™ Lubrication System and a new Ultra-Tapered Edge. Dr. Stephen Snowdy announced the U.S. launch and presented the supporting clinical data at the American Academy of Optometry annual meeting in Boston.
With the NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal, VTI is redefining comfort for patients. With traditional multifocal contact lenses, compromised vision and contact lens dryness remain roadblocks for patients.1 For presbyopes, contact lens dryness can be a burden, particularly as they age (especially for those patients 55+).2 For myopes, unique characteristics and high visual demands of computer and digital screen viewing, especially when wearing contact lenses, can contribute to vision-related problems and discomfort.3 NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal may help to address contact lens discomfort while delivering unique optics for patients, no matter their age.
Enhanced with two comfort innovations, NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal employs the TripleTear Lubrication System and features a new Ultra-Tapered Edge. The TripleTear Lubrication System utilizes three comfort agents, including hyaluronic acid, that work together to provide hydration and lubrication, lock in moisture, and maintain a clean surface to stabilize tears. The new Ultra-Tapered Edge is designed for optimal fit and comfort, and to help the natural circulation of tears around the lens. Additionally, the lens has a Class 2 UV blocker for an added layer of protection.*
The NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal deploys a unique and patented center-distance aspheric extended depth of focus design. For myopes, the Neurofocus Optics® technology induces peripheral myopia4,5 which addressing one of the known risk factors for axial lengthening, without compromising vision.6 For presbyopes, the lens provides spectacle level visual acuity, with excellent vision at near, intermediate, and far.6
A recently conducted clinical study with 53 patients7 confirmed vision, comfort, and handling advantages, including:
- The TripleTear lubrication system maintains moisture and enhances wear, delivering instant comfort that lasts all day7
- 9/10 wearers agreed their eyes felt Clean and Comfortable7
- Highest wettability at insertion vs. other lenses tested8
- Wearers experienced significantly better stereoacuity** than leading lenses tested7
- Visual acuity equal to spectacles, within two letters of best-corrected spectacle vision6
- 92% of daily activities can be completed without glasses6
- No refit is required for current wearers
“The new NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal 1 day contact lens is what my patients have been waiting for. I am finally able to provide a contact lens that works for my patient’s vision demands and all-day comfort needs,” said Vadim Guy, OD, one of the clinical investigators in practice in Rochester, NY.
“Innovation is core to our DNA and is one of our responsibilities as a medical device company,” said VTI’s CEO, Stephen Snowdy, PhD. “Making our NaturalVue Multifocal even better with innovation like the TripleTear Lubrication System is yet another example of how we are ‘redefining vision’ and demonstrates our commitment to responding to the needs of patients and practitioners.”
The NaturalVue Enhanced Multifocal 1 Day Contact Lenses are available daily disposable modality with a full power range: +4.00 to – 12.25 in 0.25D steps. The U.S. rollout will continue into 2022, with a global launch planned to follow. For more information, please call toll-free 1-844-VTI-LENS (1-844-884-5367) ext. 116 or visit vtivision.com.
*UV absorbing contact lenses aren’t substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear – for example, protective UV absorbing goggles or sunglasses –
because they don’t completely cover the eye and surrounding area. Patients should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed.
- Dinardo A, Smiley G. (2016). Causes of Multifocal Contact Lens Dissatisfaction. Presented at the American Academy of Optometry. Program #165109. http://www.aaopt.org/causes-multifocal-contact-lens-dissatisfaction
- Guillon M, Maissa C. Tear film evaporation—The effect of aging is gender dependent. IOVS 2008;49: ARVO E-Abstract 1541.
- Al-Mohtaseb Z, Schachter S, Shen-Lee B, et al. The Relationship Between Dry Eye Disease and Digital Screen Use. Clinical Ophthalmology 2021:15 3811–3820
- Dillehay S, Woods J, Situ P, Payor R, Griffin R, Tyson M, Jones L. (2014). Comparison of Three Power Levels of a Novel Soft Contact Lens Optical Design to Reduce Suspected Risk Factors for the Progression of Juvenile Onset Myopia. ARVO Poster, Poster #A00863637; Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 55(13). 3637
- Payor R, Woods J, Situ P, Dillehay S, Griffin R, Tyson M, & Jones L. (2014) Feasibility Testing of a Novel SCL Optical Design to Reduce Suspected Risk Factors for the Progression of Juvenile Onset Myopia. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. 55(13). 3638. Retrieved from http://iovs.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2269075.
- VTI data on file 2015. n=59. Data assessed after 1 week of wear; vs. other traditional (lenses with two focal points) studied.
- Data on file. N=53
- KALMIA-L Waterloo Report, Report #P/644/18/VI *Statistically significant